The most often legalized documents for and from abroad are indicated below. If you are not sure that your documents comply with the quoted requirements or if your case is a special one, a timely consultation with us (free of charge) will save you a lot of efforts, time and money.

Requirements on documents for translation and legalization for use abroad:

  • Certificates of birth, marriage, marital status, kinship, permanent address, death the same must be special duplicates (not originals or certified by a public notary copies) or, in certain rare cases, certified by the issuing municipality by a wet rectangular stamp copies, valid for use abroad. The documents must bear the rectangular stamp of the issuing municipality, certifying the authenticity of the signature and stamp, placed on the same.

  • Certificate of current student status the same must contain the name of the faculty, the major subject, year of enrollment, duration of the education course, educational degree awarded and where (for what purpose) you intend to use the document; Certificate from primary or secondary school for transfer the same must be signed not only by the class tutor, but by the director of the school, as well.

  • Diploma for completed secondary school, college, university, appendix to university diploma, academic certificate, diploma for post-graduate qualification (including those issued by the medical educational establishments) we would advise you to bring us the original, which will be returned to you upon execution of the job. In case you bring a copy, then the stamp of the educational establishment and the signature of the school director or of the rector and faculty dean must be very clearly visible. In the case of the academic certificates the same must be filled in the same way as the certificates of current student status.

  • Conviction status certificate the same must bear two signatures of a judge and of the secretary, as well as the stamp of the respective court; court rulings on corporate registration, certificate of current legal status the same must bear a current signature of a judge (court chairman) and a wet stamp (not certified by a public notary copy); power of attorney or sworn statements the signatures of the authorizing person or of the person swearing to the facts must be certified by a public notary.

  • Medical certificate for employment abroad all the required data, indicated in the beginning of the document, must be filled in. You will have to have passed all check-ups, including Wassermann, AIDS and psychiatrist, since there is a possibility for the document to be legalized without the same (which happens in very rare cases), but you might have problems when entering the respective country; immunization passports for children (the health records book cannot be legalized) all the made till date immunizations must be listed and the personal doctor must have signed and stamped all the pages.

  • Bank certificates when applying to your bank, explain to them that you need the certificate for translation and legalization for use abroad and that the same should be signed by two authorized officers, the specimens of whose signatures have been submitted to the Bulgarian National Bank.

Dear customers, whenever you have any documents issued for you, always check the correctness of the quoted therein data, in order to avoid any mistakes, since we are not allowed to introduce any changes in the already issued documents, not to change any of the data in the translations.

Any and all documents, coming from abroad to be used in Bulgaria, notwithstanding their type, notwithstanding the fact wither they are copies or originals, must have an Apostil, in order for us to be able to translate the same and for the Consular Department to be able to certify our translation.

The Apostil comprises a certification of the document by the Ministry of Justice or the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Bulgaria in accordance with the provisions of the Hague Convention dated 5th of October 1961. The same is required, whenever the translated documents are destined to be used in a country, which is a member of the said Convention. Each country determines its authorities, who are authorized to place an apostil on a document. Detailed information is available at the following address.

Countries, which have signed the Hague Convention dated 5th of October 1961.

Austria, Australia, Andorra, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Barbados, Bahamas, Belarus, Belgium, Belize, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brunei, Bulgaria, Great Britain, Venezuela, Germany, Greece, Israel, Ireland, Spain, Italy, Kazakhstan, Cyprus, China (only for the special administrative regions of Hong Kong and Macao), Columbia, Latvia, Lesotho, Liberia, Lithuania, Lichtenstein, Luxemburg, Mauritius, Macedonia, Malawi, Malta, Marshall Islands, Mexico, Namibia, New Zealand, Norway, Panama, Portugal, Rumania, Russian Federation, Salvador, Samoa, San Marino, Swaziland, Saint Kids and Nevis, Seychelles, Slovenia, Surinam, United States of America, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Turkey, Hungary, Fiji, France, Holland, Croatia, Czech Republic, Switzerland, Sweden, South Africa, Japan.

There are two exceptions:

  • Any documents, coming from countries, with which the republic of Bulgaria has signed a treaty for legal aid - Austria, Azerbaijan, Algeria, Armenia, Vietnam, Georgia, Greece, Spain, Yemen, Cyprus, North Korea, Cuba, Kuwait, Libya, Mongolia, Poland, Rumania, the Russian Federation and the countries of the former USS, with the exception of Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia, Syria, United Republic of Yugoslavia and the countries from the former United Federal Republic of Yugoslavia - Macedonia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Slovenia, Hungary, France, the Czech Republic, with the legal inheritor being Slovakia, as well. In case there is a treaty between the Republic of Bulgaria and the respective other country for legal aid, the legalization procedure is facilitated, the required certifications are less and the due state taxes are lower. The legalization by means of an apostil is not mandatory.

  • Any documents coming from Canada, Kuwait, China, India must bear an original stamp of the Bulgarian Embassy in the respective country.

The Consular Department does not legalize translation of documents, made abroad. The translation must be made again in Bulgaria. In some countries, the translation is annexed to the document and an apostil is made on the translation. Thus the document still does not comply with the requirements of the Consular Department, since the apostil must be on the document itself.